There are so many amazing groups and organisations in the Western Suburbs who tirelessly volunteer their time to make their community a better place. We want to shine a spotlight on these groups and help them find the way to other like-minded groups. For too long we have worked in isolation and connectwest wants to empower the community and inspire the next generation of leaders.”
– Ayden Shaw, connectwest co-chair
Saturday April 14th 2018 saw the connectwest expo “Treasures in the West”.
A full day dedicated to showcasing some of the great programs and groups in Melbourne’s west.
The day saw many speakers and over 30 stallholders from a range of areas, including: arts, sports, health, employment, community groups and other services.
connectwest supported these leaders, volunteers, groups and programs, so that:
- Community groups have more connections that allow for stronger and more strategic partnerships in
- Melbourne’s West
- Communities in Melbourne’s West have a platform to network and information share
- Increase involvement and connection with diverse and specialised community groups in Melbourne’s West
“We have a vision for a connected, collaborative metropolitan West where community members
come together to celebrate and champion each other’s ideas”
– Jacinta Martin’s (connectwest co-chair)